Program Director Mentoring
As a radio broadcast programmer, you will learn leadership, marketing, music selection, and talent development skills that will lead to, consistently, higher ratings and a much higher standing in your company and the industry.
This a 60 to 90-minute monthly one-on-one session depending on the programmer’s level of experience. This would include any off-session email or phone discussion as needed/desired. The objective is for the programmer to have a better understanding of all facets his/her job inside and outside of the radio station.
- Station branding – Branding vs Positioning; On air branding and social media branding, etc.
- The station sound – Developing your vision; Communicating your Vision; Hearing your vision
- Music selection and scheduling – What works and what doesn’t; Working with the labels; working with your programming bosses
- Personality coaching – Aircheck critiques and other forms
- Marketing/promotion – Working with sales and promotions
- Technical – What you do and don’t need to know
- Leadership skills – Learning to “manage up”; Working with all departments; Leading your team
- Ratings – What you can control and what you can’t; How to interpret in various situations
- Personal development – setting realistic goals
Learn from a 35+ Year Radio Veteran
John will show you what it takes to lead and motivate and air staff; how to work side-by-side with sales; how to get the most out of your promotions with little or no budget and how to make a name for yourself in the business.